The Board of Trustees has governing authority over the affairs of Girls Inc. They ensure the Mission of the organization is upheld and create new policies to best fit the needs of girls in Monroe County. The Board selects the Executive director, the mission and purpose of the organization, and advocates for the rights of Monroe County girls. They are an integral part of Girls Inc. that keeps girls in the county prepared for the future and able to combat gender, economic, and social barriers.
Meet our Board of Trustees!
MOLLY NAGY, President
Senior HR Manager, Hanapin Marketing
ILENE SCHAEFFER, Vice President
Vice President, Private Banker, German American Bank
ANDREA ASTILL, Treasurer
Lecturer, IU Kelley School of Business
Director of Student Affairs, IU Maurer School of Law
Project Manager/Editor, Indiana University Press
Indiana University, IU School of Public Health
Digital Media Coordinator, SociallyUp
Clinical Associate Professor, IU School of Public and Environmental Affairs
Network Engineer, GlobalNOC
Senior Consultant, Talent & Organization Development, IUPUI
Prosecuting Attorney, Office of Monroe County Prosecuting Attorney
Principal Gifts Relations Manager, IU Foundation
Associate Director and Operations, sunapsis
Board of Trustees Role and Responsibilities:
- To build girls’ capacity for responsible and confident adulthood, economic independence and personal fulfillment.
- To enable girls to pursue careers that will provide them with economic autonomy; and to enable them to integrate a rewarding career into their lives as women and as family members.
- To enable girls to exercise personal and collective power effectively and responsibly; and to enable them to analyze and contribute to positive change in the community, nation, and world.
- To enable girls to compete and cooperate with confidence, to take physical risks, and to master a range of physical skills.
- To enable girls to conquer life’s basic challenges in areas both traditional and nontraditional for women; and to prepare them to function independently today and in the future.
- Any adult may be elected to membership of the Board of Trustees who is in sympathy with the organization’s purposes and is willing to help in its promotion. Election to the membership will be by majority of the members of the Corporation present at any regularly scheduled board meeting. Trustees are elected for a term of three years. No trustee (except for President Emeritus) shall serve more than two (2) consecutive terms, and shall not be eligible again for election to the Board until after a lapse of one year.