The STEM Educator Intern will be the lead facilitator for activities, experiments, and exploration in STEM fields educating girls in all age groups 5-18. This internship position will last either one semester or one school year depending upon availability.
- Attend trainings, staff meetings, and individual meetings.
- Orient and train staff and volunteers for science programs.
- Plan and implement at least 1 weekly STEM activity for each of the three age groups.
- Supervise groups of children, ensuring safety and well-being of all persons.
- Complete individual duties as set up by supervisor (opening, closing, cleaning, etc.)
- Assist and support other counselors during non-STEM programming time.
- Stick to a set supply budget.
- Base knowledge of and comfort teaching topics centered around STEM.
- Past experience working with children.
- Experienced and comfortable leading groups in an informal setting.
- Ability to organize and prepare activities.
- High degree of self-motivation.
- Creative with the ability to improvise.
- Knowledge of activities suitable for girls ages 5-8, 9-11 & 12-18.
- Must be able to commit to the same weekly schedule.
ORIENTATION AND TRAINING
- Overview of Girls Inc. mission, goals, and staff policies.
- Discussion of group dynamics, developmental characteristics, and facilitation tools.
- Program discussion and planning.
- Ongoing program evaluations.
Please send resume and cover letter to Rebecca Scott email@example.com
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER