The Development and Communications Director position reports and works in close coordination to the Executive Director and staffs and supports the Development Committee. The responsibilities for this position include working to secure financial resources for the short and long-term future to achieve the mission, goals and objectives of the organization. The position provides leadership and management of the direction, planning, and execution of a comprehensive development program for Girls Inc. of Monroe County.
- Develop, coordinate, maintain and implement the annual fundraising plan
- Establish short- and long-range goals for unrestricted funding sources as well as special projects and specific needs
- Engage in research to identify new individual, foundation, and government prospects
- Develop, coordinate, and implement a new major gifts and planned giving program as the need and opportunity arises
- Work in conjunction with the Board of Directors and the Executive Director to implement the marketing strategy and execute specific aspects of the marketing and communications as they relate to development
- Identify development priorities consistent with mission budget and strategic plan
- Assist with budgeting and strategic planning
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current individual donors with the goal to retain or upgrade gifts when possible
- Maintain regular correspondence with foundations, donors, and board members
- Coordinate and manage fundraising special events
- Recruit and train volunteers for fundraising and special events
- Write fundraising appeals and oversee all other mailings
- Manage all fundraising records and database with a focus on security, quality, and accuracy
- Generate queries, reports, exports, and any other collection data as needed
- Create and maintain data in our donor management database that accurately details the full record of donor transactions and relationships
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in nonprofit management, public affairs, or business.
Three or more years experience working with donor cultivation and nonprofit fundraising annual campaigns.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER